Forum Index

<  Team Fortress 2  ~  Rule changes for matches on dustbowl GA Ladder JAN 08

roybatty
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
Joined: 26 Aug 2003 Posts: 7627 Location: Lawson, Blue moUNTAins. NSW
With the scoring changes that Valve have recently made on cp_dustbowl, the rules which we had in place for the map will no longer lead to decent matches.

>From now on, all matches on dustbowl will be played over 2 rounds, with each team attacking and defending once.

The winning team will be decided by the highest score after two rounds. If the scores are even, the fastest completion time will determine the winner.

The team with the highest score, or in the event of even scores, the fastest completion time, will win the match 1 - 0 and should be entered into the ladder scoring system accordingly.

Last edited by roybatty on Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Super ubik Freak Super ubik Freak
Is this for all maps?
roybatty
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Site Admin
Joined: 26 Aug 2003 Posts: 7627 Location: Lawson, Blue moUNTAins. NSW
Just for Dust Bowl.

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Super ubik Freak Super ubik Freak
Wouldn't have a clue which one is 'dust bowl' so I guess it makes no difference to me Rolling Eyes

I'm afraid I've never liked any other method than setting a faster time in achieving goal, as per Wolfy and ET. All the other methods are nearly always loaded in which team you select on which map and when rotation takes place etc.

I just wish people who set up ladder matches put more thought into it. I mean look at CSS. That game is so unbalanced in matches that it's a joke and my dog could come up with a better system. Razz

Anyway I look forward to playing this 'dust bowl' with it's speccciiiallllllll rules Laughing